Wouldn’t it be great to hear and trust your body all the time? To feel like you’re on the same team?
When we love and trust our bodies, listen to our feelings, instincts, pangs, and whispers…
…both physical, and emotional…
…we get strong.
We stop saying yes to things we don’t want, and start taking powerful action in ways that serve
ourselves and the world.
This is a 3-part series on how to trust your body and grow your intuition.
I have been asking and listening to what you want…
You want to feel free, peaceful, and strong in (and about) your body.
And this is such a beautiful path into a happy and healthy life:
When you trust your body and follow your intuition, you feel stronger about yourself,
and it’s the first step to reclaiming your body.
Today is Step #1:
Heal Your Gut, So You Can Better Hear What It’s Saying
Your gut (digestion, stomach, intestines) literally feeds your gut feelings and intuition.
Butterflies in your stomach, nervous knots, and a “gut feeling” are all signs from your
“second brain” to tune in and pay attention.
Gut feelings are like cravings: they are just messages we can choose to hear and take powerful action on.
But we don’t.
We have been trained, told, and scolded into NOT paying attention to our guts.
And when we are out of touch with our intuition we become paralyzed.
Making decisions becomes horrible and tedious.
We end up doing endless complicated analysis, factoring in every possible aspect,
and it takes us days to make up our minds.
And even when we do make a choice, we second guess ourselves.
It’s hard to listen to your intuition:
1. The current medical establishment has told you your concerns are wrong, you worry too much, and we women are woefully undereducated about our bodies
2. Society tells us we are “too emotional” “worry too much” and just too ____. That means we stop listening to our bodies and intuition shuts down.
3. Our health gets compromised with low energy, gut health impairment, hormonal upset, and a poor diet of inflammatory foods which leave us:
– in constant pain + discomfort…and unable to hear our intuition/gut
– bloated, constipated, and carrying the “spare tire” of stress fat that makes us hate our bodies…and unable to hear our body and intuition/gut.
So this week, I’ll focus three emails (and Friday’s podcast) on how to listen to your body, and strengthen and grow your intuition.
Today is Step #1:
Heal your gut.
Your gut-brain is your intuitive brain and emotional brain, and contains almost as many neurotransmitters as your head-brain.
Your gut is responsible for most of the serotonin production in your body, a neurotransmitter important to balanced mood, sexual desire and function, appetite, sleep, memory and learning.
If you have a history of gut troubles like IBS, bloating, constipation, diarrhea, pain, or food sensitivities, healing your gut is important for your health and strengthening your intuition.
Stop eating the Toxic 6 for 1 week: corn, soy, gluten, dairy, sugar, and caffeine
- These foods are highly inflammatory and impair digestion, and cause leaky gut syndrome in many people.
- When you remove these foods the inflamed tissues can repair and digestion can return to normal.
Start taking twice daily doses of probiotics (make sure your probiotics are gluten-free!! Try my favorite here: http://alexandrajamieson.com/probiotic-cleanse/) to repopulate the gut with healing and calming microflora
- A major story on supplements in the NYTimes uncovered hidden gluten contamination in more than 1/2 of all probiotics!
- Gluten is one of the top gut killers, so it’s important to remove it completely in order to heal your GI tract as you strengthen your intuitive practices.
Here is a quote on why we should trust our intuition more, from one of my favorite actors of all time:
Healing your gut is the first step to a stronger intuition, not to mention better moods, and a happier tummy.
The next step will help you begin to hear your gut and intuition more, with a special guided meditation.
For today, eat toxic-free foods, and order your probiotics!