In our gut, there are more bacterial cells than human cells.
Did you know that?
Ever been curious about good and bad bacteria?
I’ve been exploring this subject for years and I’m here today to teach everything I’ve learned.
One of the things I picked up is that disbiosis is often the root cause of all of our cravings…
Yeah. It’s a big deal.
Thank you for downloading the show. Now let’s get started with this episode on disbiosis.
“Did you know that the bacteria in your gut weigh approximately four pounds?” (Click to Tweet)
- You’ll be shocked at how many different species of bacteria are in our bacterial gastro intestinal system
- The benefits of bacteria
- What is symbiosis and disbiosis
- What causes the bacterial imbalance in our bodies
- The effects of over-prescribing antibiotics
- Why we should look at alternative medicines
“We can’t live without bacteria. They help us absorb and metabolise nutrients and digest our food.” (Click to Tweet)
- A disturbing new fact… (hint: USA’s huge rise in NSAID - Non Steroidal Anti-inflammatory drugs)
- Why bacteria loves a refined diet
- How candida lives off sugar and what that means for your cravings
- Why nutritionists can pin-point your symptoms
- The benefits of ridding yourself of sugar
- A healthy new diet and how it looks
“In a disturbed system and an un-well body, one particular bacteria can take over.”(Click to Tweet)
“Bacterial caused cravings are real.” (Click to Tweet)
My dental issues were killing me. At the time it was the worst thing ever… but there was to be a silver lining…
While searching for holistic oral healing products, I stumbled across Nadine Artemis.
Nadine Artemis wrote THE book on holistic dental care. It is a comprehensive guide to natural, do-it-yourself, oral care. It is packed full of simple, do it yourself, home based dental solutions.To share her knowledge with the world, she created Living Libations.
The more I learned about her work, the more fascinated I became. To my surprise, Nadine Artemis is a master of scent too.
In this episode we learn why scent is a critical part of building a crave worthy life. Listen to this episode and let’s get acquainted with our most neglected sense.
“A drop of an essential oil is so multi-faceted. In that one drop there is just worlds upon worlds. It’s a tiny microcosm.” (Click to Tweet)
- How Nadine’s passion for essential oils helped her to recreate perfume
- Lessons learnt from a global community of farmers and growers
- About distillers and why she’s worked with them for the past 20 years
- Why Living Libations needs every country in the world to distill
- The connection between distillers and the wine industry
- Essential oils and their aromas
- About the toxicity of the aromas in household cleaners and candles
- The history of smell and survival
- Smell messages and how to use them
- How the birth control pill effects women
- The benefits of pheromones
- The disadvantages of using antiperspirants and deodorants
- The importance of avoiding synthetic smell message
- Say what? Did you know that chemically 80% of taste is smell
- What shocking new studies are showing. Huh, sperm can smell?
“Smell is one of the forgotten senses. Out of our 5 senses it’s sort of the lowest on the totem pole.” (Click to Tweet)
- On the sacredness of scent cultures
- Alex and Earl Grey tea
- A host of great tips on automatic oil therapy
- The 50 culinary oils
- Smelling essential oils as a method to quit smoking
- The shocking truth behind the promise of beauty and what it’s doing to our skin
- Should I use soap on my face?
- Learn more about your micro-biome
- Tips for getting the healthiest skin possible
- How to listen to the innate intelligence of the body
- How oils and cells interact
“The average women is applying about 512 chemicals to her body daily in the name of beauty.” (Click to Tweet)
Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Instagram
“If we don’t engage our sense of smell then we’re not fully operational.” (Click to Tweet)
Mitchell Stevko is a sleep whisperer who helps people understand and improve their sleep.
In this episode you will learn how 30 years of chronic insomnia led Mitchell to an ‘aha moment’ and becoming a sleep expert.
Mitchell delves into every facet related to sleep. He talks about the connections between lack of sleep and cravings, and the negative side effects of sleep problems impacting our species.
“Lack of sleep dramatically affects every possible aspect of your life in ways that, until you start to sleep well again, you can’t even begin to imagine what life can be like” (Click to Tweet)
- How Mitchell’s suffering helped motivate him to attempt to solve insomnia
- Why poor sleep is foundational to all health issues facing our culture
- What Mitchell discovered during his 4 year journey to learn how to improve sleep
- How high nutrient density greens and live organic baby bok choy help sleep
- The big change from the 1960′s averaging 9 hours of sleep a night, to today averaging just 6 1/2 hours
- Bio-hackers and why you shouldn’t listen to them
- Uncovering the truth that 98-99% of us need between 7 – 9 hours of sleep per night
- The relationship between sleep and willpower
- Willpower and sugar snap peas
- Deepak Chopras’ conclusions after 40 years of studies
- Explaining the 3 S’s and how it can help you sleep better
- Elaborating on the statistic that today 70% of women over 50 are getting less sleep than the average
- What is ‘monkey mind’ and the beliefs of today’s middle-aged women
“I had money, I had a great partner, I had freedom, I could do whatever I wanted and my insomnia still didn’t go away” (Click to Tweet)
- A 3 minute visualization process to help counter balance the clutter in your mind with positive, nourishing and relaxing thoughts
- The Sleep Companion’s programs and how they benefit
- The positive states and how to get into them
- Using alcohol as a sedative…. good idea or not?
- What our brains really want
- How past programming is why only 2/3′s of women are affected by menopause
- What is Neuro Linguistic Programing (NLP)
- The 2 main environmental constituents that effect people the most
- 7 strategies learned from modeling hundred’s of great sleepers
- Sex and sleep and how the two interconnect
- Why you should make your bedroom feel like a spa
- How 15-20% of us are energetically sensitive and we need to get all electronics out of the bedroom
- How you should play around with your bedroom to find what might be the best position for your head to be sleeping in
“58% of American’s experience some type of insomnia symptoms & over 30 million are being treated with insomnia” (Click to Tweet)
Facebook | Linkedin
“Having a good sleep strategy and a good stress reduction strategy, is far more important than diet and exercise for your overall longevity and wellness” (Click to Tweet)
Starved for sleep?
There’s a solution.
My next guest is Shawn Stevenson. He is a leading health and sleep expert, the creator of the highly successful podcast The Model Health Show, a founder of the advanced integrated health alliance and has an academic background in biology and kinesiology.
In this episode we dive into what life choices cause people to be starved for sleep. We explore the benefits of sleep and why it’s so important for a healthy, happy life.
Shawn’s clinical and personal experience is an inspiration and I’m excited to bring him to you. Let’s go…
“I made the decision to get well. Come what may I was going to get well. I wasn’t going to listen to any of the negativity, anybody telling me that I couldn’t do it and that it wasn’t possible.” (Click to Tweet)
- Shawn’s own personal story and how he changed his sleep pattern
- Sleep Smarter is about optimizing the sleep you are getting
- Sleep is the anabolic state during which your body heals and changes
- Prescription medication the way Shawn Stevenson experiences it
- Is there truth behind the myth? Does more sleep before midnight help?
- What is ‘money time’
- How and why melatonin is the “get good sleep hormone”
- A list of things you should do to prepare yourself for bed
“Part of the healing experience for me was getting high quality sleep.” (Click to Tweet)
- Why you should keep the bed just for sleeping and sex if you have sleeping problems
- How couples with a TV in there room have 50% less sex
- The benefits of good sex and orgasms
- Why we crave carbohydrates
- The correlation between better sleep and the ability to stay at a happy weight
- How many pillows you should sleep with
- The affects of insomnia on hormones and aging
- Interesting facts and recommended tips to help with sleep apnea
- The research behind the effects of alcohol and sleep
- ‘The CPAP Machine’ and why it’s a short term fix
- Your mattress and bedroom hygiene
“Anything we put in our body is sacred and we need to start treating it like that.” (Click to Tweet)
Website | Facebook | Twitter | Stitcher | iTunes
“Everything that’s quote on quote normal, is whats really robbing us of one of the most foundational pieces of our overall health.” (Click to Tweet)
Lets get serious… about play.
How does play effect your overall pleasure in life? How does this affect your health and vitality?
In this episode I open up the conversation about how play and pleasure don’t get the attention that they deserve.
Scientific studies prove that play and physical pleasure are good for the adult brain and your body.
I give you all the juicy reasons as to what play teaches us and how physical pleasure and play help our brains stay healthy.
“Play and pleasure are good for you… and your waistline.” (Click to Tweet)
- Why tough problems are the best way to learn
- How kids learn and what we can learn from them
- The science of ‘fight or flight’ and why we experience stress
- How women can play more to achieve the results they’re looking for
- The 4 neurochemicals that increase with play and how to use them
- When preparing to light up, the questions to ask yourself
- The importance of fun, silliness and pleasure to a happy, healthy body
“Designing your life around your enjoyment isn’t crazy.” (Click to Tweet)
What Play Teaches Us:
- How to use our imagination which is possibly the most powerful human ability
- To play fair
- Co-operate with others
- Understand unspoken physical boundaries
- Learn how to create friendships
- How to listen to others
- Helps you learn from your mistakes
- Keeps the brain young and healthy
- Rough and tumble play helps us develop social awareness
“Getting the pleasure of chemicals secreting on a regular basis increases your happiness across the board. It makes depleting food cravings like sugar, less necessary to feel joy”(Click to Tweet)
I invite you to view play and fun as a biological necessity and I ask you to ponder that they are the only paths to real health.