We all know we’re supposed to eat more veggies – but which veggies are best, easiest and tastiest?
And which veggies and easy meals are best suited to your Cravings Type?
If you know dairy doesn’t help you feel light, makes you congested, or worsens your adult acne, but you still crave the creamy texture, and want to up your fiber and phyto-nutrient intake, try my new summer soup recipes!
I’ve created them especially for the different Cravings Types (read: Ayurvedic doshas) – and if you don’t know your type yet, take the quiz here and find out if you’re a Featherweight, Firebrand or Earth mama/Earth papa!
Slurp up your soups, and start feeding your desires in a new way:
Avocado Soup with Cucumber: Serves 2
Firebrand and Featherweight Approved
(not good for Earth Mama/Papa – too heavy with the oils and avocado)
Light and fresh, this soup is easy and requires no cooking! Featherweights can add freshly ground black pepper to warm them up from the inside. Firebrands can chill in the refrigerator while resting the soup after the first blending. This soup has too much oil in it for heavy feeling Earth Mamas and Papas.
1 tablespoon organic, cold-pressed olive oil
1 ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
1 cup fresh carrot juice
1 cup water
½ cup cucumber, peeled and coarsely chopped
½ teaspoon cumin seeds
½ teaspoon ground corander
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
1 tablespoon fresh fennel leaves
2 tablespoons fresh orange juice, about ½ an orange
½ teaspoon sea salt
¼ cup freshly grated zucchini
- Combine all ingredients, except zucchini, in a blender. Blend until smooth. Allow to sit for 10 minutes before serving.
- Blend once more for 15 seconds, pour into bowls and top with grated zucchini.
Pea & Zucchini Soup: Serves 2
Good for all 3 types: Featherweight, Firebrand, And Earth Mama/Papa!
Fresh peas are vibrant and flavorful. This creamy green soup really delivers satisfying slurps for the heavy-feeling Earth Mama or Earth Papa. Firebrands will love this too, just allow it to cool to room temperature before serving. Featherweights can enjoy with a sprinkle of freshly ground black pepper!
2 cups low-sodium vegetable stock
1 tablespoon chickpea flour (thickener)
½ cup zucchini, sliced
1 cup freshly shelled peas
2 tablespoons fresh mint leaves
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon salt
- Add 1-cup stock to a small mixing bowl. Whisk in the chickpea flour. Set aside.
- Combine the remaining stock, zucchini, peas and mint in the saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce to a simmer for 10 minutes. Whisk in the chickpea mixture. Simmer for 5 minutes more. Simmering the chickpea flour thickens the soup and removes the bitter flavor from the flour.
- Ladle into a blender and blend with salt and lemon juice until smooth.
- Featherweights can add a drizzle of olive oil and freshly ground black pepper.
- Serve and enjoy!
Discover more about 5 Ways to Master Your Inner Bitch Brain!!
Check this out Positive Psychology Certification program!