Hey my Clan of the Crave Bears! Today we are talking about cravings…..my favorite topic, obviously! Gut science is an amazing new scientific frontier. Many chronic diseases and conditions are directly tied to gut health. New studies are even showing that “cheat” days can be as damaging for gut health as a consistently bad diet! Exposure to junk food even 3 days a week is enough to shift your gut profile to be the same as someone who has a consistently bad diet. The profile of your gut bacteria (almost 200 different types) can be imbalanced and your energy, mood, and your blood sugar suffer. Your cravings are also impacted by your gut health. Sugar cravings can come from the yeast in your body. Yeast lives off sugar and if you feel badly after going off sugar, it is because the yeast bacteria is dying off because they don’t have sugar to feed on. Gut health is so important, which is why I am so excited about today’s episode!
Today on the show I am going to be talking about chewing your food with Robyn Youkillis! Robyn wrote this amazing book called, Go with your Gut. It’s half cookbook with vegan and paleo recipes and talks about the connection between your gut and your “gut instinct”. Most people don’t realize that they are not in the moment when they are eating so they just keep eating and eating. Robyn explains that if you just take time to look at what you’re eating, breathe and chew your food until its mush your digestive system or “gut” will be much happier.
At a young age Robyn struggled and had an unhealthy outlook on food. She saw her mother hide food from her dad and then saw her dad sneaking food. She talks about her ups and downs, “good and bad rollercoaster” journey. She went from eating less junk and losing weight to eating out of boredom and eating the wrong things. She attended The Institute for Integrative Nutrition and really spent a few years after graduation really trying different healthy foods and trying to find what worked for her in changing her relationship with food.
Win a Swag Bag worth $1000!
I have a huge announcement! I love giving away things that I love. So, all year here on the crave cast I have partnered with a dozen of my favorite product partners to put together for you on incredible giveaway every month. It’s the $1000 swag bag!
It’s an incredible bunch of products and memberships that I have put together with some of my favorite people to give away to one lucky listener every month!
So here is how you can enter in to win this $1000 swag bag:
- Go to iTunes put up a meaningful review about your thoughts about The Crave Cast, what you’ve learned, what you’ve loved, why people should tune in. or you can go to bit.ly/cravecast and leave a review.
- Once a month I will be picking one meaningful review, I’ll get in touch with you, will announce it here on the podcast and I will be sending you all of these incredible goodies. So be sure to enter the $1000 swag bag giveaway at bit.ly/cravecast!
You can Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, SoundCloud, Stitcher or TuneIn
- Robyn’s journey and struggles with food
- Importance of chewing your food
- Where to start to make chewing your food to mush a life style
- Steps to 123 Food Freedom
- Foods to eat to heal your gut
- How pooping affects everything
- The good poop list
- Foods to avoid
- Become a pooping pro
- Pasteurized vs Unpasteurized
- Guide to connect to intuitive voice