Welcome, my Clan of the Crave Bears! Today we are talking about confidence, putting our best face forward, and the pressure on women to look as young as possible. Dr. Anthony Youn is our guest today, and I’ll be honest, I have struggled with whether to bring you this show or not. Do I really want to encourage plastic surgery? Dr. Youn is a leading plastic surgeon, and I happened to read his book and I agreed with about 98% of the book. It’s called The Age Fix and it is really good. He talks about how to feed yourself so that your skin looks and feels great. He shares so many non-surgery options and I completely agree with that.
He became interested in plastic surgery because he had an overgrowth of his chin, and he actually had plastic surgery to correct it as a young man. His experience with plastic surgery has shaped his career. I think you will enjoy this episode. I will say that he did make a comment about antibiotics in the episode and I probably wouldn’t take antibiotics. But that’s the only thing I didn’t agree with him.
I also got married last weekend! We had about 120 people there in the park to bless us for our wedding. It was such a lovely time! There are so many psychological benefits of witnessing the rites of passage and the blessing of each other. You actually release oxytocin and this is a very healthy thing for each of us. It creates a community when you bring people together around a rite of passage event! I was in awe and cried the entire time. It was beautiful. I was thrilled to be able to introduce my friends to each other! Seeing them appreciate each other was good for my soul.
Since we are talking about skin today, I wanted to remind you that I have a special deal for you with AnnMarie Gianni Skin Care – my favorite skincare products. This offer expires June 7th. The products are luxurious and safe and simply yummy! It’s endorsed by health experts and I think you will love their products. Cruelty-free, organic, non-GMO – you can’t get more safe and ethical than these products.
Here’s the deal:
- Get a sample kit depending on your skin type – $10 – shipped for free
- You get a coupon for $10 off on a future purchase
- You get their skin detox guide – an ebook showing you how to take care of your skin (It’s a 21-day plan with exercises and recipes)
- If you are one of the first 100, you also get a free travel size Neroli Hydrating Mist
Next week, we are talking about bone health and how to strengthen your marrow! Don’t miss it!
Dr. Youn is an MD, and a board certified plastic surgeon. He has been rated as one of the top plastic surgeons in the country. He’s regularly on TV, and also has written several books. He has such great recommendations that we all can use. Surprisingly, his recommendations are not all about surgery!
You can Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, SoundCloud, Stitcher or TuneInCollagen is one of the main building blocks of the skin! @ Click To Tweet
- What happens to our skin as we age
- How frequently our skin cells “turn over”
- Can the collagen in your Bullet Proof coffee improve your skin?
- Myth or fact? How your Mother ages is how you will age
- How you eat and how you live determines how your skin ages (smoking, eating healthy, etc)
- Why Dr. Youn will not perform plastic surgery on smokers
- Why body modification techniques may not be properly regulated in your state
- Does an expensive product mean it’s a better product; is it actually better for my skin?
- The 4 things everyone should do for your skin EVERYDAY
- Why your Vitamin C may be worthless
- Why Skin Deep can help you make good choices for your beauty products
- Heard of a “lunch time facial”? Dr. Youn explains
- Why your dermatologist may not mention food to you at all
- Why acne is considered an inflammatory condition
- The impact of dairy on your breakouts
- Why calcium is important for your skin
- The bad foods you should not consume if you want good skin
- The good foods you should eat to improve your skin
- The food to eliminate to get rid of your puffy eyes
- Flavoring food with herbs can give you extra anti-oxidants and can actually be good for you.
- Why avoiding processed foods can help your skins
- The best way to get the Vitamin C that your body needs
- Do you eat oranges from a can? Stop it!
- Why vitamin C won’t necessarily make you look younger
- Can Zinc improve the aging effects on your skin?
- The science behind what Retinol can do for your skin
- What causes cellulite?
- Some non-invasive fixes for cellulite
- How do aging actresses (Jane Fonda and Lily Tomlin, for example) look so good? Is it surgery or products?
- Why you should be happy with who you are. Period.
- Don’t miss Dr. Youn answers to the Lightning Round questions!
- DrYoun.com – Get free gifts when you purchase these books on the website
- The Age Fix – Dr. Anthony Youn
- In Stitches – Dr. Anthony Youn
- RealSelf.com – real people rate whether a procedure is worth it
- Skin Deep – see what’s in your beauty products
- www.roc.com – recommended Rental cream
- Adonia – cellulite cream (8 minute cream)