Hello my Clan of the Crave Bears! I’m so glad you decided to join me today. Today I’m getting real with you, so consider yourself warned. I had an experience recently that I have been waiting to share with you, so today I am taking the opportunity. I was on Fox News a couple of weeks ago with Dr. Manny. He called my work “horse shit” to my face.
Win a Swag Bag worth $1000!
I have a huge announcement! I love giving away things that I love. So, all year here on the crave cast I have partnered with a dozen of my favorite product partners to put together for you on incredible giveaway every month. It’s the $1000 swag bag!
It’s an incredible bunch of products and memberships that I have put together with some of my favorite people to give away to one lucky listener every month!
So here is how you can enter in to win this $1000 swag bag:
- Go to iTunes put up a meaningful review about your thoughts about The Crave Cast, what you’ve learned, what you’ve loved, why people should tune in. or you can go to bit.ly/cravecast and leave a review.
- Once a month I will be picking one meaningful review, I’ll get in touch with you, will announce it here on the podcast and I will be sending you all of these incredible goodies. So be sure to enter the $1000 swag bag giveaway at bit.ly/cravecast!
You can Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, SoundCloud, Stitcher or TuneIn
- I sat down with Dr. Manny and I immediately felt like he was not into my opinions
- I immediately tried to build rapport and I tried to even get him to laugh
- His final comment to me about cravings was, “That was very entertaining!”
- I wasn’t there to entertain, because Women’s health issues are so important to me
- After the segment, I tried to brush off his “entertaining” comment
- I even got him to agree to take a selfie with me
- After we took the selfie, he said, “Well, that was all horse shit!”
- My head was spinning – I knew he would have never said the same thing to a man
- The female producer who booked the show was shocked to hear this
- Last year I was on Dr. Oz last year and he could barely contain his eye roll
- Men believe women are weak, silly and emotional and they dismiss our true needs
- The dismissive attitudes are exactly what women face everyday
- The unexamined gender bias in medicine is killing us
- I have so many examples of women’s medical disorders being dismissed by health practitioners
- Need help advocating for yourself? Alex shares tips for being your own best advocate
- Disrespect for women’s health concerns is rampant
There is a FREE 3 part video series on my website that will be available until Monday morning and it will teach you how to trust what your body is telling you and listen to what your body needs. It’s time for us to love our bodies and trust ourselves. We are living in a sexist medical culture and now is the time to speak up about it. Falling in love with your body is the first step to getting well, and having your desires met.
Get the video series at http://alexandrajamieson.com/videoseries
Do you have a story of how you have been treated by a medical professional? I’d love to hear your story. Go to my blog at alexandrajamieson.com/blog and click on the little blue microphone on the right and leave me a message.
Where does your politician stand on Women’s Health? https://www.plannedparenthoodaction.org/elections