I am here to help teach you how to listen to your body as a diet and how to give yourself an opportunity to reconnect with yourself.
In this episode I share with you all the benefits of what ‘The Crave Cast’ has to offer for each unique individual.
“This show is all about cravings, what we desire, what we want, how our bodies speak to us through cravings.” (Click to Tweet)
- How Alex and her ex-husband produced ‘Super Size Me’
- About the stress of motherhood, divorce and rebuilding a business and life
- Dramatic hormonal shifts from the self evangelized Vegan who now craves animal protein
- A vulnerable dive into my fear of change
- How listening to my body helped me to regulate my menstrual cycle and balance my body
- How the meaning of being vegan has changed over the last 15 years
- Why the mid-twenties diets may not serve those in their mid thirties
“Cravings are foundational, they are basic as to who we are as human beings.” (Click to Tweet)
- The drastic generational change and how this effects what we eat
- The Gut Check
- My philosophy from 15 years as a health coach, chef and nutritional author
- The importance of calcium in acidic diets
- Plus much more…
“You can learn to listen to your cravings, your body is actually your best guide.” (Click to Tweet)
“No-one is really talking about the combination of food cravings, habit and willpower.” (Click to Tweet)
Learn more about Heal your digestion with my favorite probiotics!!
Check this out Fitness or Movement Inspiration with Erin Stutland + Shrink Sessions!!
This Crave Cast is a place where you can come to find the nonjudgmental support you need. It will help you sift through and discover what your cravings mean.
This Crave Cast is my effort to bring the conversation forward. We’re all unique, different and so very much the same.
We all need to have a safe place to share what’s true for us and discover the possibilities behind our cravings.
The Crave Cast is about the things we really crave in life. Health, vitality, joy, fun, pleasure, freedom… It’s the art and science of getting the body and life that we desire and deserve.
“It’s the art and science of getting the body and life that we desire and deserve.” (Click to tweet)
- How growing up on an organic farm outside Portland, Oregon impacted Alex, the sugar junkie
- The impact of sugar, caffeine and antibiotics in a high stress New York Lifestyle
- Painkillers and prozac… really?
“I basically started going to church to eat cookies and drink the kool-aid.” (Click to Tweet)
- About the natural healing cushiness from around the world: Ayurvedic, macrobiotic (based on traditional japanese food,) raw food, allergy free cooking, cooking for people with cancer, candida and diabetes
- The secret story behind Super Size Me
- Transitioning from the strict emotional framework of veganism
- The dissonance of vegan orthorexia and how it tore at my emotional foundation
- How being honest with vegan health challenges changed the way I interacted with my audience
- How following my cravings helped me address my sexual desires
“I knew that taking those drugs wouldn’t really heal me. They would just mask the symptoms.” (Click to Tweet)
The Four Root Causes to All of Our Cravings:
- The Great American Detox Diet
- Living Vegan for Dummies
- Vegan Cooking for Dummies
“Our bodies have layers and layers of desire. It’s telling you your truth.” (Click to Tweet)
Learn more about My favorite probiotics for gut health!!
Check this out Mighty Maca is what I take for daily afternoon energy!!
The massive egg recall has prompted many families to avoid eating eggs altogether. With new brands being added to the “don’t eat” list daily (see here for updated list), it’s probably best to avoid these cholesterol-filled foods for at least a while, if not entirely.
If you have relied on eggs in the past for protein, and don’t know how to cook without them, here is a list of easy replacement options, taken from my book Living Vegan For Dummies:
1/4 cup blended silken tofu = 1 egg
1 Tablespoon ground flax seeds plus 3 Tablespoons water = 1 egg
1 1/2 Tablespoons Ener-G Egg Replacer + 2 Tablespoons water mixed well = 1 egg
1/2 cup mashed or blended banana = 1 egg
1/4 cup soy yogurt = 1 egg
The book is on its way to the printer – you could be one of the first to receive a copy of my new book! A perfect present for that vegan-curious spouse or teen in your life.
Order your copy here!