Yes…. Spring is finally here!
Do you love this time of the year? Do you love gardening?
Well I love both and I’m so excited about planting, growing and cooking my own food.
Today I get to answer the questions many of you have been asking. How do we control our PMS cravings. Why we crave what we crave, and what you can do for your body to feel balanced during this stress induced time of the month.
We dive into salty cravings and the top 5 most common nutrient deficiencies. I also share with you lots of delicious food recommendations.
I’m equally excited to share with you my sponsor, Perfect Supplements. I use their Cordyceps, Natural Calm Magnesium and Rhodiola all the time – and am thrilled to partner with them to bring you the show.
As a special offer to my “clan of the crave bears” and listeners, Perfect Supplements is offering 10% off your order when you use the discount code CRAVE10 at check out! Click here to get your goodies!
So do yourself a favor, listen to this episode then get outside and check out what’s growing. It’s time to create beautiful food for a healthy body.
You can Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, SoundCloud, Stitcher or TuneIn
- What can I do about PMS cravings
- How do hormones work
- What are the effects of birth control pills?
- The correlation between will power and blood sugar
- The importance of focusing on clean and lean proteins
- How to deal with stress
- How to get a balance of protein, fats and sugars
- Why you should eat the best quality dark chocolate
- How to replace sugar…. Hint: With pleasure!
- Concerned about your health? Then go and have a check up!
- How to support the people you love
The 5 Most Common Nutrient Deficiencies & What You Can Do about Them:
Iodine – The crucial ingredient in thyroid hormone
- What to eat more of: Fish, shellfish, seafood, crustaceans, seaweed, sea vegetables, kelp, kombu, pasteurised egg yolks, nascent iodine supplement
Selenium – Another important thyroid ingredient
- What to eat more of: Brazil nuts, wild salmon, shiitake mushrooms, lamb, turkey, shrimp, cod, halibut, egg yolks
Magnesium – Highly rampant through depletion in soil and modern water
- What to eat more of: Dark chocolate, leafy greens, swiss chard, spinach, bok choy, kale, seeds, nuts, halibut mineral water, natural calm supplement
Vitamin K2 – We need to eat more K2 foods
- What to eat more of: Egg yolks, grass fed butter, fish eggs, fermented soy beans, miso soup, K2 supplement
Vitamin B12 – Very common and it’s extra tough to get on a vegetarian or vegan diet
- What to eat more of: Mostly animal foods – Liver, sardines, salmon, a really absorbable B12 supplement
- Get your gardening porn @ Seeds of Change or Seed Savers International
- Try a Gerolsteiner Glass Mineral Water
- Get a copy of Women, Food and Desire and please Leave a Review!
- Come & check out my live event in NYC The Secrets of Success Simplified Workshop
- Join me in December for my Women, Food and Desire Workshop