Simplicity at its finest.
I learned this recipe last summer and it has become a favorite in our home -
rich, aromatic, and simple to make.
It requires 3 ingredients, so each one needs to be high quality or the entire recipe suffers:
2. White, Blonde or Chickpea Miso paste
3. Black Truffle Oil
Choose a good quality infused truffle oil. This means a high quality sunflower or olive oil infused with real truffles,
rather than oil that has various chemical compounds added to imitate truffle aromas.
Just know that truffle oil is a finishing oil.
That means you don’t cook with it, but rather drizzle it on at the end of cooking.
This lends its flavors and smells without cooking the aroma away.
To make this delicious and highly addictive recipe, do this:
1. Wash and dry several baby eggplants or one large eggplant.
2. Cut the baby eggplants in half or slice larger eggplants into 1/4 – 1/2 inch slices.
3. Cover a baking sheet with foil and lightly grease with olive oil.
4. Set the eggplants cut side down on the foil and broil on high for 3-4 minutes, or until just softening or browning.
5. Flip the eggplants over and spread a thin layer of miso across the surface of each piece.
6. Broil again for 3-4 minutes, or until the miso just begins to brown.
Remove from broiler and drizzle with truffle oil. Serve hot. Accept raving applause from guests!