Hello Crave Bears! I awoke this morning feeling a bit angry. It has taken me all day to come up with words to open this week’s show. I voted for Hillary. I voted for a more open, inclusive, just society, against fear, hate, anger, normalized abuse and sexism, and I voted against Trump. We wonder why more women who have been sexually abused don’t come forward? It’s because an abuser can become the President. Unless we get to a point in our society where we create a climate where abuse and sexism isn’t laughed off, but it is taken seriously and eliminated. We can’t allow deplorable behavior to become normalized. We have to create a safe environment where we can explore the injustice and then do something to fix it.
It’s time for all of us to invest even more in ourselves. When we are strong, our communities are strong. We have to take care of ourselves so that we can be the best version of ourselves to offer to society. When we feel good about our own well being, we can also stand for others, who can’t stand for themselves. We can’t be fearless. We need the fear to guide us. We need to feel the fear. Today, I offer you a way to heal the fear and anxiety that you may be feeling. We need to move to a place of healing. We need to move to a place of safety. I want you to feel safe in this place and empowered as a woman. You may have to become an activist or take a stand you have never taken before. Whatever you need to do to feel safe, embrace it and go for it.
I highly recommend doing things that make you feel safe and supported. Take a self-defense class, get together with a group of women, take a Tai Chi class or do anything at all to make you feel strong and safe. We are not victims, and we will not be victimized. We are stronger together and we need each other!
Today’s guest is Jon Levy. He has a new book out called,The 2am Principle. He’s a friend of mine, he’s a nerd, he’s a data geek and he has now built a life of adventure. He takes risks and he has an amazing, expansive life!
We can’t expect our lives to be “Instagram worthy” without diversity of experience. Click To Tweet
- How Jon got deep into the study of adventure
- Having almost no options can make you get really good at things
- The scientific evidence of benefits of adventure and diversity of experience
- Why some dangers situations are really only a perceived danger
- Flow state and how it affects you
- Why you don’t have to go that far out of your comfort zone to benefit
- We are hyper-social creatures and how we thrive because of it
- Why we need to be bad girls sometimes
- Rustling up some trouble – why you should
- How to use travel to test the limits of your personality
- You’re going to feel like an idiot at times – embrace it
- The 3 benefits of adventure and why it’s a gift
- Jon shares his most embarrassing adventure story
- Why so many of our apologies are unnecessary
- The influencers dinner and making dinner with Malcolm Gladwell
- 4 characteristics that cause influencers to engage
- Giving without any expectation, novelty, curation and awe – how it impacts influencers
Resources: jonlevytlb.com – Connect with Jon The 2am Principle – Get Jon’s Book Book’s Jon Recommends: The Alchemist The Little Prince Peter Pan Post-traumatic growth is actually more common than post-traumatic stress. Click To Tweet