Welcome! I’m so grateful that you’re here and spending time with me today! We’re changing our name, did you hear? The Crave Cast will become Her Rules Radio in the very near future. Let’s check in on how Thanksgiving went, so how did it go? I gave you a couple of episodes in the weeks before Thanksgiving to help you deal with any of the pitfalls you may encounter over the holiday. My Thanksgiving turned into a “Friendsgiving” and we cooked all day and had friends over and the food was awesome! We had a 10-hour celebration and we got to enjoy time with friends. I love having a cozy day at my home, surrounded by people that I love.
Join the mailing list to learn about the live webinars that I am going to be doing. I am doing an amazing New Year’s Day Planning webinar! So sign up for my newsletter at www.alexandrajamieson.com and look out for those announcements!
I first became aware of anger snacking in my own life. To be honest, it was during the time I was going through my divorce. I noticed it when I was so mad that I was crunching my way through a family sized bowl of popcorn. I was mad and was destroying things with my teeth. I crunched my way through snack after snack after snack. I wanted to act out in so many ways, but that wasn’t appropriate so I just crunched and crunched. Yep, you get the idea. That’s what we are talking about today!
Your body’s cravings are telling you something. They are sending you a message! Click To Tweet
- It can feel disempowering to be a woman much of the time
- My “Women Who Rock” Spotify Play List!
- 97% of women have at least 1 “I hate my body” moment each day
- It feels incredibly unsafe to show our anger as women
- Women aren’t encouraged to show our true feelings.
- Strong emotions get stuck in the body if they aren’t worked through
- Unexpressed anger + belief we can’t be angry + overwhelming futility + chronic sensitivity to threat = trauma
- We are surrounded by trauma that we aren’t allowed to respond to appropriately
- You won’t believe the stats mentioned about issues that affect women
- Your body registers stuck anger and it must release it in some way
- Find out how “the rules” affect and suppress all of us
- Why we go to war against yourself and against your body
- It’s ok to be angry, so give yourself permission
- Why you should take a self-defense class
- If you are a career nice girl – get your anger out
Here are some of my favorite practices to help overcome Anger Snacking:
- Go to your room, close the door and beat the crap out of your pillow.
- Write a letter to the person who makes you angry. Then do a burning ritual on it.
- Practice maintaining a calm awareness of your anger and allow yourself to feel it
- Remember that you are divinely worthy of love
- Start having challenging conversations with those who trigger you and make you angry
- Share your boundaries with them and share your desires for your future relationship and interaction
Your Body Keeps the Score – Dr Bessel A. Van der Kolk MD modelmugging.org Krav Maga – self defense femaleawareness.com bit.ly/wfdgroup – join our free Facebook group Women Who Rock Spotify Play List – DOWNLOAD FOR FREE Get the 3 guided meditations to connect with your body