126 Jade Eggs, The Internal Clitoris & Pelvic Floor Health
Welcome to Her Rules Radio – The playfully proud women who say “Yes, we love our bodies!”
Today we are talking about women’s vaginal health. We have Mal Harrison and Jessica Drummond on the show today.
Was goop.com right to suggest a jade egg to improve your vaginal health? Today we de-mystify this fad and let you know the truth about jade eggs.
Join us over at Her Rules Radio Facebook Group, with a tribe of over 1600 women! You can discover your new rules and meet a welcoming and supportive group of likeminded women!
Mal Harrison is a sexologist passionate about freeing people from shame, stigma, and fear. She wants to live in a world where fluidity, compassion, and deep human connection collide, and where every human is cliterate. In 2011 she became resident sexologist and advice columnist, “Ms. M.” for the Museum of Sex. Her research and subsequent article on the Internal Clitoris went viral, changing the way women understand how their bodies work, and heralding her as a pioneer of clit-feminism. After over 10 years of transforming both individuals and couples through sexual and relationship development, as well as receiving thousands of Dear Ms. M. emails to her advice column, she knew more had to be done. In 2016, she founded the Center for Erotic Intelligence to broaden our collective understanding of human sexuality and human connection. She studies how the erotic mind can empower our everyday lives, and offers fresh new ways of teaching healthy relationships and healthy sexual development.
Jessica Drummond, MPT, CCN, CHC, the Founder and CEO of the Integrative Women’s Health Institute is passionate about caring for and empowering women who struggle with women’s and pelvic health conditions. She is equally passionate about educating and supporting clinicians in confidently and safely using integrative tools to transform women’s and pelvic healthcare.
Having over a decade of experience as a women’s and pelvic physical therapist plus owning a private women’s health clinical nutrition and coaching practice gives her a unique perspective on the integrative, conservative options for pelvic pain management.
Music Credit: My good friend Lindsay Katt – https://lindsaykatt.bandcamp.com/track/stick-by-me
- Find out what the Jade egg is and its origins
- Why did Gwyneth Paltrow recommend it on goop.com?
- Does the science support the claims of the Jade Egg?
- Find out what Mal recommends instead of the Jade Egg
- How a probiotic can solve some vaginal bacteria issues
- Tea tree oil in the bath and a probiotic can be invaluable
- Resistance training for your vagina?
- Everyone’s vagina is not the same – there is no normal
- HPA axis – what it is and what it does
- How the adrenal system works to manage stress
- What causes pelvic pain
- If you’ve given away every part of you, you can’t heal pelvic pain
- Relationships are nourishment for our souls and our health
- Healers also need to heal
- When you speak your truth with genuine intention, people will hear you
Links Mentioned in the Show:
Elvie – recommended for Kegel exercises
Connect with Jessica: integrativewomenshealthinstitute.com/
Connect with Mal: www.museumofsex.com/museum/about/visit/
Read Mal’s Internal clitoris article: http://centerforeroticintelligence.org/2017/01/19/internal-clitoris/
Join the Collective: alexandrajamieson.com/wake-up-happy