130 Body Positivity #Curvyncurly with Shelah Marie
If you have issues about the way you think you look- or about the way you think you should look, listen in today, as Alex interviews the dynamic, fierce feminista, Shelah Marie, and discover how you can come to appreciate and enjoy yourself regardless of your physical form.
Shelah is an actress and online personality who is deeply invested in providing high-quality inspirational videos and performances for the stage and screen for the empowerment of all women. Shelah tours independently and produces her own, original work, Flight, which she performs for Black History Month and also Women’s History Month. Shelah teaches Yoga and meditation and through her open, dynamic and electric personality and her #curly&curvy movement, she engages a strong online community. She’s all about putting herself out there – especially to women of color, to show: “This is me, this is my body, this is my hair- and I love it!”
Join Alex and Shelah on today’s show and find out how you can learn to love yourself, no matter what!
Music Credit: My good friend Lindsay Katt – https://lindsaykatt.bandcamp.com/track/stick-by-me
- Her video on NBC- how the Curvy and Curly Movement started.
- How she got to the place of loving herself.
- Meditation- her approach to it and how it came into her life.
- How meditation has progressively helped her to deal with her depression and anxiety.
- Serious Daydreaming– What it’s all about and how it can change your life for the better.
- Her Curvy Curly and Conscious Event- a full day event of self-love.
- Her Soul Study recorded video series- what it is and how it came about.
- Her self-created show, Flight- The Millennial Black Female Experience.
Visit our Sponsor Stacy Tuschl for her 5-day Brand To Expand Challenge:
Take your business from bland to a crush-worthy personal brand and amplify your confidence, credibility, and cash to be the go-to expert in your industry!
Alex asks what it takes to make lasting soul-deep changes with food and your body. Powerful community is an ingredient she thinks most of us are missing today. That’s why she’s opened up applications again for her small group, Vitality Mentorship, which starts at the end of March. You have until the 3rd of March to apply for her Combo Group three-day Transformational Retreat in New York City and eight months of private coaching.
To apply, go to: www.alexandrajamieson.com/vitality-mentorship
Links Mentioned in the Show:
Shelah on Youtube: Shelah Marie
Shelah on Instagram: The Shelah Marie