136 Be a Savvy Lady Patient + Her Play Date with Dr. Leslie Tidwell
Did you know that playing takes you out of your head and encourages your body to recover? Would you like to know about the science behind all of that? Then join Alex today as she starts the show with the story of how she helped a client, who was struggling with Chronic Overload Stress, to become more playful and resultantly more relaxed and successful in her life. Listen in as Alex encourages you to include more play in your day and shares seven science-based ways that play helps you to feel great, in and about your body.
Today’s guest is Dr. Leslie Tidwell, a board certified OB-GYN and the creator of SavvyLadyPatient.com. Leslie realized that she could positively affect women’s lives by working with them differently, rather than seeing them in her office. She’s created a way for women to have a better, more educated, personalized experience when they go to the doctor. Listen in today, as she talks to Alex about how any woman can get ready for her next appointment so that she feels strong and confident and armed with the correct information.
The Seven Science-based Ways That Play benefits you:
- Play helps you reach your ideal body weight.
- Play makes you more creative.
- Play helps you to be more resilient.
- Play makes you smarter.
- Play helps you cope better.
- Play makes you more empathetic.
- Playfulness cultivates a sense of hope.
Music Credit: My good friend Lindsay Katt – https://lindsaykatt.bandcamp.com/track/stick-by-me
- Her website and service, Savvy Lady Patient.com- what it is and why she created it.
- How women are often blown off by doctors (both male and female) and told that they’re being overly emotional, or even hysterical.
- How the paternalistic attitude revealed it to herself to her when she went into private practice and was even directed towards her at times when conferring with male doctors.
- How being a female doctor and a woman of color influenced how people viewed her as an authority.
- The appalling behavior that she has experienced from some male surgeons.
- The reasons that women seek Leslie’s help through Savvy Lady Patient.com.
- About the Appointment Prep that she offers to women and how that helps and empowers them when they go in to see the doctor.
- Some tips for you, as a woman, to be better prepared when going to see a doctor.
Remember Her Play Date on April the 29th. Go to www.herplaydate.com to take the Play Pledge, to sign up and to download your free copy of Alex’s Play Book.