150 The Beauty Myth Revisited
How do you decide that you are beautiful? What can you do in your life that makes you feel beautiful? These days, we are getting so many mixed signals about what makes a woman beautiful. Unfortunately, women’s bodies are now in the middle of a political debate. The men in power, including our President, speak about women as if we are nothing more than our bodies. This week, let’s break Beauty down into the myth that it is. Let’s take back the conversation and do something that brings the power back in our hands!
Music Credit: My good friend Lindsay Katt – https://lindsaykatt.bandcamp.com/track/stick-by-me
- The world stage for a discussion of feminine beauty.
- Our President’s history of comments on women’s physical appearance.
- Implicit sexism in discussing women’s appearance.
- Discover Naomi Wolf’s The Beauty Myth, and it’s statement on male oppression.
- Magazines sell women the most dangerous version of the beauty myth.
- Ways to feel your most beautiful.
- Update on Skin Cancer journey, with a few skincare tips!
- Learn more about Julva.
Get a FULL tube of Julva Cream here: bit.ly/femininerules
To check out the “Alex Approved” beauty line that is safe for your skin and the environment, go to www.alexandrajamieson.com/beauty
It’s like a public radio fundraiser, without the service interruptions 🙂