159 Validate Your Own Damn Self
Today’s show is about one of the most important rules I have learned in my life. Deliciously happy women have some uncommon skills, and today we are talking about validating yourself. I had to learn to validate my own damn self and it wasn’t an easy process. Why do we need validation from others? Why can’t we be content with our own validation? I had to learn to trust myself. I needed someone else to tell me that my thoughts and feelings were valid. I was trained to look outside myself for guidance. I was taught not to trust myself and to question my knowing. It’s a trap to always think we need someone else to tell us what is right and what we need to do.
Music Credit: My good friend Lindsay Katt – https://lindsaykatt.bandcamp.com/track/stick-by-me
- Until you truly feel ok with yourself, you will never believe your own feelings.
- Notice when you look outside yourself for validation.
- You get to be the decider of whether your ideas are worthwhile.
- You are the arbiter of your own values.
- By healing yourself, you can restore faith and trust in yourself.
- You have to get honest with yourself about what you really want out of life.
Go to www.herrulesradio.com – sign up for my newsletter to get details in the coming weeks about the small society of super women that will be forming soon!
Did this show resonate with you? Email me at email@example.com
Want to support the show? Head on over to patreon.com/herrulesradio and become a patron to unlock some special goodies!