161 Reclaim Your Body with Suzanne Scurlock-Durana
How would you like to reclaim the joy of your body? What would it be like for you to feel really safe and comfortable in your body, every single day? So many of us have become so used to ignoring, denying and even mistrusting the messages that our bodies are giving us, that even when we’re facing a real-life trauma and we really need all the aspects of our bodies, in order to overcome the challenge, we find ourselves scattered and disconnected from our greatest strengths. So, today we have Suzanne Scurlock-Durana, the author of Reclaiming Your Body- Healing Your Trauma And Awakening Your Body’s Wisdom, on the show. Listen in and find out what Suzanne has to teach you, about healing yourself and reclaiming the joy of your body.
Suzanne is one of the leading authorities in the world today on conscious awareness and the transformational impact that your awareness can have on your process of healing. She’s been working to empower people, through Cranio-Sacral Therapy and other Body Work modalities, to experience joy in every moment and without burning out, for more than thirty years. This empowerment is based on learning how to reclaim your body, so today we will be covering some of the practical tools and skills that she teaches, all of which have been helping people across the world, to improve their lives, their well-being, their joy, their self-worth and even their creativity and the growth of their businesses. Listen in now, to learn about tapping into your body’s innate wisdom.
Music Credit: My good friend Lindsay Katt – https://lindsaykatt.bandcamp.com/track/stick-by-me
- Suzanne discusses who her book, Reclaiming Your Body, is written for.
- What it really means, for women to be in their bodies.
- Suzanne explains, in very simple terms, what it really means to be disconnected from your body.
- Suzanne shares a poignant quote from the beginning her book.
- Most people don’t know what their relationship with their body really is.
- The embodiment process that would allow you to know for yourself, who you are and what you need.
- How the body actually communicates with us.
- How to tell the difference between a gut hunch and the chatter in your head.
- The different ways that people just know things.
- The ways that we become conditioned as children, to turn off our inner knowing.
- What is trauma? There are so many kinds of trauma and many different ways to define it.
- The messages that we get from the world about our bodies and how they really affect us, as women.
- How Suzanne, as a child, decided to step back from her vulnerability and become more self-reliant.
- Our brains are wired to compare ourselves with others, constantly.
- How we can stop comparing ourselves with others.
- Why it’s so important to us as women, to heal our pelvises.
- Some interesting facts about women and orgasms.
- Vagal Tone and healing trauma.
- What keeps people from moving back into full embodiment? Suzanne covers the Five Body Myths.
To find out about Suzanne’s interesting and transformative programs, go to: www.healingfromthecore.com
Suzanne has been perfecting her methods for decades and she has a comprehensive program, called Healing From The Core,- A Training. Go to www.healingfromthecore.com to learn more about it.
To gift someone with an amazing Bark Box, go to: www.barkbox.com/herrules- You will get an extra month of Bark Box for free when you subscribe to a 6 or 12-month plan through this link.