196 Terri Cole: Badass Boundaries
We know we need boundaries–those lines that can’t be crossed. The problem is that boundaries are not always well-defined, and most people aren’t taught how to set boundaries as they grow up. Today’s show is all about asserting ourselves in setting boundaries and honoring the boundaries of others.
Terri Cole is a NY-based psychotherapist, counselor, and mentor to many women. She runs the big, bad, beautiful Boundary Bootcamp.
Music Credit: My good friend Lindsay Katt – https://lindsaykatt.bandcamp.com/track/stick-by-me
- What boundaries are and how we get started in setting them
- How to clue in to your feelings when your boundaries are violated
- How to implement “pattern interrupt” to buy time
- Using the “3 Q’s”
- Fighting against the myths and societal brainwashing about boundaries for women
- Knowing which boundaries are preferences and which are deal-breakers
- How boundaries define who you are and make you known to others when you communicate with authenticity
- Learn the language of love in setting up boundaries
- Watch out for “boundary bullies”!
- Nonviolent communication from Terri’s Boundary Bible–”May I make a simple request?”