68 Pleasure at Any Size: Woman On Fire with Amy Jo Goddard
Well crave bears, it’s here: the final episode of 2015! To help us all relax and enjoy the last bits of this year, I’ve created a new challenge, 7 Days of Playful Pleasure, where we’ll focus on one thing you can do every day to feel grounded, whole, and joyful in your body and your life. This is about ending the year feeling GOOD! If you aren’t ready for the challenge but want to join this great community, you can also join the Facebook group! Experience over 1,500 women hanging out, supporting each other, asking questions, and getting inspiration on how to come to terms with and have a better relationship with desire, their bodies, pleasure, food, and cravings.
Now, on today’s show, where I’m talking to Amy Jo Goddard, author of Woman on Fire, one of the books on my top ten books for mind and body healing this year. Now, you may have noticed over the last few months that I’ve been talking to more sexual health experts. That’s because I believe that a lot of our frustrations with our bodies and weight and body image are connected to our sexuality. More and more I think we need to look to sexual expression and pleasure to get in the right metabolic state so we can feel good in and about our bodies even before we lose a single pound.
So today I’m talking to Amy about sexuality, sexual health, and the connection between that and food, nutrition, and cravings. Amy is a renowned sexual empowerment expert, speaker, and coauthor of the popular Lesbian Sex Secrets for Men. She has dedicated her life to sexuality education and empowerment. Her workshops, sessions, and speaking engagements have helped thousands of people discover their sexuality and deepen their relationships and fulfillment.
Today’s sponsor is Audible.com®, who has more than 180,000 audiobooks and spoken-word audio products. Get a free audiobook of your choice here.
You can Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, SoundCloud, Stitcher or TuneIn
- How she became a sex educator
- How her work work as a feminist activist fueled her work
- Why it’s so hard for people to get the sex education they need
- The effect of the media on our ideas of sexuality
- The relationship between an empowered sexual experience and the health of the human body
- How important it is to understand this complex part of ourselves
- The value of writing down your sexual history
- Why you should share your sexual story
- Why body acceptance is an important part of sexual pleasure
- Why you have to stay curious about your body
- How much energy women spend fighting against their own bodies
- Why she’s on a strict media diet
- Why people feel like they need permission
- The different kinds of confidence
- How she encourages people to connect with the lover inside themselves
- Why she craves downtime and quiet
- Get a copy of Woman on Fire
- Read Amy’s other book Lesbian Sex Secrets for Men
- Download Amy’s fact sheet “What Does a Sexually Empowered Person Look Like”
- Take Amy’s Dirty Talk Workshop
- Read Mating in Captivity by Esther Perel
- Read Sex for One by Betty Dodson
- Read Real Live Nude Girl by Carol Queen
- Connect with Amy: