Cold & Flu Season Busters: Cinnamon Tea Recipe (good for sugar cravings too!)
Cold & Flu Season? Stock up and protect yourself and your family!
Don’t wait until the shiver, shakes and fever stick you in bed for a week.
Be sure to stock your kitchen ‘medicine cabinet’ with these natural wonders:
Ginger root and ginger tea to help eliminate toxins
Raw garlic is anti-viral and has antibacterial properties
Dried shiitake mushrooms in broth, tea or food soothe inflammation
Pumpkin seeds are a rich source of immune boosting zinc
Cinnamon to help relieve congestion
Lemon (freshly squeezed) in water or on salads or veggies, or in soup can help fight infection
Although many people like to simply sprinkle cinnamon on oatmeal drinking cinnamon in tea is another great option, especially in winter. Warming, used for treating diarrhea, nausea and vomiting, flu, arthritis, menstrual cramps, and candidiasis, the smell relieves tension and helps steady the nerves. Cinnamon also balances blood sugar levels! Make your own easy Cinnamon Tea at home to help reduce sugar cravings, warm up, and keep colds and flu at bay.
Total time: 5 minutes
- 1 cinnamon stick (1-3 inches)
- 1 cup of boiling water
- 1 decaf green, black or herbal tea (rooibos or honeybush are favorites)
- 1-2 drops of Stevia for sweetening (optional)
1. Place the cinnamon stick in a cup.
2. Add the boiling water and steep covered for 10 minutes.
3. Add the teabag. Steep for one to three minutes.
4. Sweeten to taste, if desired.
Click and Learn more about 50 crave-worthy (healthy) recipes for women!!
Check this out 21 Day Sugar Detox!