56 Breaking Up Is Hard On Your Body – Conscious Uncoupling with Katherine Woodward Thomas
Breaking up is hard to do, isn’t it crave bears? Our relationships with other people matter. The people in your life influence how you speak, how you eat, how you act, and how you treat yourself! And ending a relationship can be really hard. I know my divorce was really hard on my psyche.
Today I’m talking with Katherine Woodward Thomas, author of one of my favorite books, Calling in “The One”. Her new book, Conscious Uncoupling, is all about how to live happily even after. I wish I had had this book during my divorce – it would have made my own untangling so much easier!
Our relationship status and the joy or sadness in our relationship can have a huge impact on our health and well being, our stress levels, and our emotional eating. This episode is perfect to listen to if you are going through a breakup or have ever been through a breakup (which is most of us!).
I also want you to know about the upcoming Cravings Cleanse! This will be the last time I am coaching this program live (but don’t worry, it will still be available). Join me as we heal your body with food while healing your relationship with food in this 8-week program!
You can Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, SoundCloud, Stitcher or TuneIn
- How conscious uncoupling came into her life
- Why you should rethink the goals of your relationship
- What is the “happily ever after” myth
- Why we have to uplevel our goals of love
- What is affect labeling
- How humans soothe each other
- How identifying your emotions can help deal with them
- What rage is really saying
- How to start taking a stand
- Why you have to let go of being a victim
- What is a source fracture story
- Why we have a learning curve in love
- What is a love alchemist
- The importance of self forgiveness
- What is forgiveness
- How your friends can support you
- Why you have to adjust your expectations
- Be sure to read Katherine’s new book, Conscious Uncoupling
- And definitely read her first book, Calling in “The One”
- Check out Fred Luskin’s book Forgive for Good
- Connect with Katherine: