48 Dr. Anna Cabeca – The Power of Functional Medicine
Hello my crave bears. How are you doing this week?
I get so many questions about hormonal cravings all the time! Are they menstrual? Are they menopausal menopausal? What we do know is that hormones definitely affect how we feel and crave, and it’s so awesome that we have the opportunity to learn more about the connection between the two.
So this week, I chatted with expert Dr. Anna Cabeca. She is a certified gynecologist, Obstetrician, anti-aging specialist, and is certified in regenerative and functional medicine. What a pro, right?
If you’ve heard the term functional medicine but aren’t really sure what the heck it means, listen in for a peek inside this patient-centered method. Who knows, it could be a perfect fit for you!
We know that us crave bears are complex creatures – we’re human! We want to feel good, we want to like food, and we of course want to like our bodies. If you’re feeling like you want more support, please head over to my Facebook group and join the conversation!
Today’s sponsor is Audible.com®, who has more than 180,000 audiobooks and spoken-word audio products. Get a free audiobook of your choice here.
You can Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, SoundCloud, Stitcher or TuneIn
- What functional medicine is
- The value of different approaches to health
- What happens to female patients in mainstream medicine
- What are estrogen dominant symptoms
- How hormones are interconnected with neurotransmitters
- The downsides of going on chemical birth control in your teens
- The power of stopping dairy
- Why healthy skin starts from the inside
- How hormones affect attraction and pheromones
- Why you should wait to be intimate with your partner
- How oxytocin affects your appetite
- The power of spending time with people you love
- How a hug can rock your world
- The many uses of Maca
- Why sleep is so crucial
- Why we want biodiversity
- Check out Dr. Anna Cabeca’s website
- Get yourself some Mighty Maca!
- Read more about American Eagle’s unretouched models – I love it!
- Don’t forget to join the Women Food and Desire Facebook group for more support
- Connect with Dr. Anna Cabeca: