happy belly foods + how to trust your body again (they’re related)
I couldn’t budge my muffin top…
My belly would bloat up all the time…
I was addicted to sugar and caffeine…
I was too tired to fight for what I wanted in life…
…and what I wanted was hidden by clouds, kind of indistinct and hard to define.
(new career – but what? new relationship – but who with, and was I worthy? creative time for me – what medium?)
When I heal my body, (again + again)
I still find that my belly’s health is a big part of the process.
I talk a lot about the four root causes of cravings, and that the first place to look at any craving,
at any health issue, is in our guts.
Your gut is the seat of your health + your intuition:
* it’s where your immune system is either built healthfully, or falling apart
* how well you digest your food impacts your energy, mood, nutritional cravings, and “elimination” (aka pooping)
* 95 percent of the body’s serotonin is in your gut – that’s one of your feel good, relaxed hormone
* neurons in the gut generate as much dopamine as those in the head (for help with sleep, mood, pleasure + attention)
* we store emotional trauma, sexual fears + hurts, and injuries to our childhood safety in our gut
Your gut is your second brain.
It’s also your intuitive, feeling brain.
It’s where we make a lot of our life decisions from,
because we need to feel good + strong in this part of our body to go after the things we desire.
(ever make a gut decision, feel nervous knots or have butterflies in your stomach before a big event?)
But when it’s bloated, covered in layers of extra stress-induced fat,
in pain, or just uncomfortable all the time…
you just can’t connect to your intuition, or feel strong about your decisions.
You will be tired, want to hide, or cover the pain with emotionally craved foods.
That’s why one of the first areas we heal in the Cravings Cleanse is the gut.
To feel and see a real shift in your body, energy, and mindset (and life!)
we need to heal our guts and take out the foods (I call them the Toxic 6)
that hurt our digestion and cause a real disconnect between the brain in your head
and the brain in your belly.
Foods that help the belly heal are:
1. easy to digest – Toxic 6-free, fiber rich, but not hard on an impaired digestive system
2. nutrient + enzyme rich – contain healing ingredients like L-glutamine, Omega-3s, probiotics, and enzymes
3. tasty – if they don’t taste good, we won’t eat them, will we?
4. and non-inflammatory – foods that won’t cause damage, leaky holes in your gut, or poor digestion
They are also free of gluten, dairy, soy, corn, sugar, and caffeine…AKA the Toxic 6,
which cause leaky gut, bloating, fatigue, bacterial overgrowth, and brain fog.
And as I have seen over the years in person experience and working with thousands of clients,
when your gut is sick, your brain, intuition, confidence, and energy all take a hit.
That’s why I include so much information on gut health in
my programs like the Cravings Cleanse & Mindset Makeover.
Past members have totally changed their gut health with the Cravings Cleanse:
“This is the easiest Cleanse I’ve ever done! I’ve tried to get off sugar, caffeine and alcohol before, but this time I’ve been successful! I’m feeling energized, less joint pain, and my gut is happy and thinner – finally. The weight is dropping off, and I’m feeling a lot better. My husband isn’t officially doing the cleanse, and he’s feeling really good! He wants to do this every 6 months.” Aliza from NYC
“I have more energy! My digestion is way better, and I’m not constipated anymore. I’m noticing smoother skin. I have my family eating with me! that is huge…” Serena, Grapevine, CA
Your experience of yourself and the world will be strained and
based on old fears when your gut is in knots, constipated, impaired, or uncomfortable all the time.
It’s time to heal your gut, and feel the energy, strength, and intuitive knowing that your body is capable of:
* remove the Toxic 6, one of the cornerstones of my upcoming Cravings Cleanse 8-week program
* add the foods and supplements that will begin to heal the matrix of your intestines + improve your digestion
* get clear on how past events + traumas have been stuck in your body and how processing them, seeing them, and loving yourself are an important part of your healing journey
We can’t just look at food or emotion as we create the body and life we crave.
Foods and emotions can be either toxic or healing.
Are you ready to find out which foods and emotions have been keeping your belly stuck?
Cravings Cleanse + Mindset Makeover — What if you could spend 8 weeks supported by a beautiful circle of health seekers who are creating their best health + best lives with Alex? What would your life, body, and days feel like if you had the health, confidence, and energy you truly crave? Enrollment is now open, spots are limited. Learn more here.