217 Get BARE with Susan Hyatt
Why do most of us equate our worth as a woman with our body weight? There is no good answer, but we can all agree that things need to change! Our size and body weight has nothing to do with how we deserve love and respect. We’re diving into transformational thinking with today’s guest!
Susan Hyatt has been a life coach for the past 12 years. She has written a brand new book called Bare: A 7-Week Program to Transform Your Body, Get More Energy, Feel Amazing, and Become the Bravest, Most Unstoppable Version of You. The book distills the program she’s been teaching to her clients for years. The book covers the foundation principles that you are more than your body; you are whole and complete with unlimited potential. Susan wants women to feel satisfied and well in their bodies. Susan’s work focuses on how we should treat our bodies with care, love, and respect, and shed the mindset that keeps us weighted down and too exhausted and afraid to be seen. We need to quit worrying about our weight and focus on the things that really matter!
Music Credit: My good friend Lindsay Katt – https://lindsaykatt.bandcamp.com/track/stick-by-me
- Susan’s journey with her body and self-acceptance in her 12 years of coaching
- How she spent years being totally defiant around the topics of food, body, and movement
- How feelings of dissatisfaction, boredom, and lack go fulfillment marked her early years as a young mom
- How hiring a coach and releasing 35-40 lbs. woke her up to facing emotions and taking exceptional care of herself with love
- The value of pleasure and why it should be a goal for every woman
- The physical benefits of pleasure: cortisol levels drop, and metabolism speeds up
- “If you don’t experience enough pleasure, your body will seek it out in destructive ways, like food and alcohol.”
- Why you need to find the little things that bring you simple pleasure
- Why we discount the pleasure that comes from physical touch
- How a woman can reclaim her power with solo pleasure
- The reflection questions and journaling prompts in Susan’s book
- One specific chapter in the book about Eating with Attentiveness
- Why Susan doesn’t buy into the concept of a diet “cheat day”
- How Susan points out the language we use and why our words matter so much
- How humor pairs with pleasure
www.letsgetbare.com – Bare: A 7-Week Program to Transform Your Body, Get More Energy, Feel Amazing, and Become the Bravest, Most Unstoppable Version of You by Susan Hyatt
www.alexandrajamieson.com Check out my coaching offerings and blog!